Conditions of competition: –
- The competition is open to participants from Indonesia and the Indonesian Foreign participants through the following categories :
- Robot Underwater Junior Category [age > 12 years old]. This category is open to all types of robot products.
- Robot Underwater Senior Category [age 12 – 19]. This category is open to all types of robot products.
- Each team consists of a maximum of Five (5) participants including:
- Competitors must have at least one (1) participant and a maximum of five (5) participants.
- Each participant (except assistant teacher/team manager) is only allowed to registe/ join a team only.
- Team registration must be done online at the website.
Underwater vehicles are vital to port & harbour security, naval and scientific exploration, underwater cleaning etc. This fun-filled and challenging competition aims to introduce students
to this fascinating world so that they can explore career opportunities in this field. The competition will spur interest and promote education in this area and motivate young and aspiring engineers and scientists to further pursue this field.
The competition aims at the following long term goals
- Address shortage of skilled individuals to support advanced marine engineering in Singapore
- Reach more students & get them interested in the industry. Help students develop the skills to.
- support marine engineering early on through fun filled activities.
- Complement & expand educators’ knowledge and expertise in this field
- BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF MISSION
3.1. The team of contestants have to design and build a remote operative vehicle (ROV). Robots may remote control capabilities, but each robot may only have a single remote control unit. Regardless of the type of robots, they will compete within the same arena but AUV will be given bonus points.
3.2 This mission involves picking up as many objects (cargo, one at a time) as possible from the center of the tank and dropping them into the basket.
3.3 While doing so they would have to maneuver through window frames which will be non magnetic on either sides of the tank. Hitting the windows will cause the team to loose points.